Communications Kit: Keeping Families Together
In this second installment of communications kits designed to support your community-focused programming efforts, we tackle the topic of Keeping Families Together. The concept of keeping families together centers around the idea that people who love their pets should not have to be separated from them, but should instead be met with services designed to keep the human-animal bond intact.
Communicating your organization’s support for keeping families together helps to spread awareness of new kinds of safety net programs while also helping to redefine the role of animal services and reduce judgment of families in crisis. With that in mind, the Human Animal Support Services (HASS) project and HeARTs Speak have come together to create a series of marketing and communications packages that make talking about new, community-focused programs and opportunities easier to implement, regardless of your organization’s resources or budget.
Explore this kit containing a broad collection of customizable tools, editable graphic templates, and hand-picked resources that are built to help you introduce and spread the word about your support of pets and their people. Each package is broken into three main components:
- Learn About It: What is the philosophy of keeping families together?
- Talk About It: Completely customize marketing and communications collateral
- Media pitch template
- Talking points
- 3 editable graphics that you can mix, match, and customize
- Dive Deeper: Resources to take your communications to the next level
- Real-world samples and ideas from other shelters
- Tips for rolling out communications
- Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
- Resources for learning more
Explore the Kit!
Some templates in the toolkit use Canva, a graphic design platform that allows users to create social media graphics, presentations, posters, and other visual content. Most excitingly, it can be used for free or with a paid account (free for nonprofits!). Download this Quick-Read Instructional Guide to get started.