Communications Kit: Volunteer Integration
Volunteers are engaged in every area of operations in a community-centered animal shelter—fully integrated into driving forward the mission, vision, and values of the organization. There is no limit to the roles volunteers can play, calling on their interests, skills, networks, and bandwidth. Some of these roles can even be done remotely!
This communications kit will help animal organizations recruit and engage the volunteers who are essential to getting community-centered initiatives off the ground, and fully realizing their potential to save lives and keep families together.
This three-part kit includes:
- Learn About It: Why is it important to communicate about volunteer roles and the myriad ways that people can help?
- Talk About It:
- Talking Points about volunteer roles
- Media Pitch template to connect with local press
- Customizable graphics to recruit and explain volunteerism for your organization
- Dive Deeper:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Additional resources and readings
Click to read, download and create via Google Drive!
The graphic templates in the toolkit use Canva, a design platform that allows users to create social media graphics, presentations, posters, and other visual content. Most excitingly, it can be used for free or with a paid account (free for nonprofits!). Download this Quick-Read Instructional Guide to get started.